About the role
A well-established builder with over a decade of industry knowledge is seeking for a Junior Estimator to join their team. The ideal candidate must have proven experience within the residential space for new build, renovations and development.
This is an excellent opportunity with great prospects for anyone wishing to further develop their skills within the building industry in the Estimating field. The successful applicant will be joining a close-knit group of hardworking team members.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Hemmant, Brisbane.
- Our client is a fast-growing builder known for their outstanding craftmanship and customer service
- Specializes in building quality new homes, home extensions, custom renovations, developments and outdoor entertaining and living areas.
- Work with a dynamic team that takes pride on their advanced skills, exceptional attention to detail, and quality craftsmanship
- The business has been providing quality new home builds and renovations for a number of residential projects. Enjoy working with a supportive and highly skilled team that works collaboratively throughout every aspect of the process and offers opportunities for career progression.
- Prepare estimates, cost plans and budgets
- Assist with pricing and preparation of tender bids
- Remain fully conversant with current legislation
- Actively pursue alternatives and innovations
- Assist with collating, reviewing, and evaluating cost estimates
- Maintain relationships with clients and sub-contractors
- Managing day to day operations of the project
- Ensure that all commercial objectives of the project are delivered successfully
- Liaise and maintain working relationships with suppliers, subcontractors and clients
What do you need?
- Experience delivering quality Commercial and Industrial building projects
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role within the building and construction industry
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good team player
- Strong work ethic, workmanship & quality focus with attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and assist staff where required to achieve deadlines
- Carpentry qualifications / Machinery tickets would be useful
What you’ll get in return
- The company offers a market leading package, paying up to $55-$60,000 + Super and a top-class training and development with opportunity for advancement in the business into further leadership roles. This is an opportunity not to be missed.
How to apply
To apply for this role, send an updated CV via the apply now link or contact Henry Gage on 0474899525 or via email; email@example.com
You can also visit our website for more similar jobs; jobs.franklinsmith.com.au