About the role
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE/BACKGROUND
We have an opportunity for a Senior Estimator to join a collaborative and high performing team. This is a permanent, full-time position located in South Brisbane. The candidate must have previous experience delivering Industrial building projects and should bring a very sound knowledge in preparing cost estimates, technical proposals and reviewing tender documents.
- An established Tier 2 company with an outstanding track record working on a diverse set of projects up to $40m in value
- The business specializes in Commercial, Education, Industrial and Residential projects up to $40 million in value
- Join a dynamic, collaborative and energetic team with a strong sense of teamwork
- The business has been in the industry for decades and is committed on creating value for their clients by braving through the status quo and making each project a reality. Enjoy working with a supportive and highly skilled team that works collaboratively throughout every aspect of the process and offers opportunities for career progression.
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships
- Providing accurate estimates of jobs including variations
- Produce competitive and accurate Tenders
- Arrange and attend Tender debriefs with Clients and monitor results
- Actively pursue alternatives and innovations
- Perform cost controls and change management activities
- Produce cost reports for presentation to the client
- Analyse and settle construction disputes and expense claims
- Providing support to site supervisors and team members
- Perform other duties as may reasonably be required
- Develop relationships with Clients, professionals, subcontractors and suppliers
- Supervise, train and mentor cadets and junior estimators
What do you need? What do you need?
- Tertiary Education in Engineering or Construction
- Experience working with commercial and industrial building projects
- A strong understanding of all current building codes and legislation
- Must be fully ticketed – to all standards
- Relevant professional qualifications; trade or tertiary
- Driver’s license and own transport
- Experience working directly with site teams
- Excellent communication and management skills.
- Strong work ethic, workmanship & quality focus with attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and assist staff where required to achieve deadlines
- Carpentry qualifications / Machinery tickets would be useful
What you’ll get in return
- The company offers a market leading package, paying up to $200,000 package and a strong career development plan that facilitates growth and professional development
How to apply
To apply for this role, send an updated CV via the apply now link or contact Tommy Pastura on 0451417075 or via email; email@example.com.
You can also visit our website for more similar jobs; https://jobs.franklinsmith.com.au/