About the role
Franklin Smith has landed an opportunity with a well-established and reputable Tier 2 construction company based in Gold Coast. They are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Senior Contract Administrator to be an integral part of a wide and challenging range of commercial projects in the region.
The candidate will coordinate and negotiate with the suppliers and subcontractors and should bring a very sound knowledge in compiling and preparing contract bid documents and interpreting design and construction contracts.
The successful applicant will be joining a close-knit group of hardworking team members and will be given the opportunity to work on continuously iconic projects in years to come.
- A Tier 2 Contractor with an exemplary record within Health, Education & Commercial Construction projects up to $120 million in value
- A family-owned business, established for generations and have a strong reputation due to their quality of workmanship and consistent delivery of projects on time, budget and brief.
- Join a collaborative team and play a part in building a strong client relationship through open communication and ongoing collaboration
- This company prides itself on having an incredibly talented and dedicated team and aims to provide a wide variety of career progression and continuously encourages their people to work on interesting and diverse projects.
- Assess subcontractor variations and prepare head contract variations
- Manages the bidding process and sources cost estimates from contractors and suppliers
- Awareness of commercial and legal issues pertaining to head contracts
- Inform contractors and subcontractors of their obligations under these contracts
- Identifying commercial risk and opportunity within contracts
- Monitor and document all contractual disputes
- Liaise with clients and build a strong relationship with all stakeholders
- Act as the first point of call when disagreements arise
- Provide support and advice to management on contractual performance
- Explain terms and conditions to employees, managers and interested parties
- Manage resources in the most cost-efficient manner
- Tertiary Qualified in Building or Construction Management, Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- Strong understanding of contract terms and conditions, alongside a familiarity with the commercial and legal issues impacting business and the delivery of projects
- Effective written, oral, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret and apply contracts
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- A pro-active attitude with good communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Achieve targets whilst maintaining a high standard of quality
What you’ll get in return
- You will receive a great salary package up to $180,000 and be part of a strong company culture, a well-established team and an opportunity for advancement in the business into further leadership roles. This is an opportunity not to be missed.
How to apply
To apply for this role, send an updated CV via the apply now link or contact Tommy Pastura on 0451417075 or via email; firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit our website for more similar jobs; jobs.franklinsmith.com.au/